A Vision for a Healthier Future: Building on our...
Туркмены-народ, искони культивирующий традиции здорового образа жизни.
A Vision for a Healthier Future: Building on our achievements
International Forum in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the
National Health Program of Turkmenistan
21-22st of July 2015 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan would like to invite you to participate at the International Forum A Vision for a Healthier Future: Building on our achievements, which will take place on the 21-22st of July 2015 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. The Forum will be held in the framework of celebrations dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the National Health Program.
International Medical Forum with the participation of high level representatives of United Nations agencies and other international organizations will be organized by the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan on behalf of the Government of Turkmenistan, with the technical assistance of the Regional Office for Europe of World Health Organization.
The Forum will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the National Health Program and contribute to the formulation of a new national health plan. Five key themes will be reflected during the Forum with the aim of learning and sharing of experiences between all countries represented:
• National Health Program - national achievements and prospects of transition to the new health care program of Turkmenistan in the context of WHO Euro strategy Health 2020
• Noncommunicable diseases - progress in NCDs prevention and control globally, incl. the launch of the regional project Implementation of the Ashgabat Declaration: towards a tobacco-free European Region supported by Turkmenistan
• MDGs - results of MDGs in the past fifteen years and prospects for the next ten years
• “Foreign policy and neutrality of Turkmenistan: in the service of public health”
• Whole-of-government action - intersectoral action for health within Health 2020 and within the national work.